Sunday, November 05, 2006

Upcoming Convention Appearances

I'm going to be appearing at various conventions in the next few weeks/months. As is customary at these affairs, I'll be available to sign comics, do sketches, give crits on your own work if you are an artist or just chew the fat over a beer (my favorite part).
As per my normal practice, I will be making a small charge (these rates apply to convention sketches only) for sketches, these are:
£5- for a headshot
£10- for a full figure.
The image at the left will give you some idea of what you will get for your hard earned cash. The confirmed appearances are:-


DreddCon 6.5% Proof - Saturday 18 November 2006 Jericho Tavern, Oxford, UK.


Birminghan International Comics Show - December 9-10, Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, UK.


Transforce 2007- 17th March, Fairfield Halls, Croydon. UK.


The Birminghan show will be the biggest of the three, & will be attended by comics professionals from around the world, click on the show's name above to visit their website.

The Transforce event is particularly interesting, it's a gathering of devoted Transformers fans. They have been kind enough to invite me, despite the fact it has been 15 years since I was an artist on the Transformers comic, the cover art (from 1991) to the side was just about the last thing I did. It should be a fun event, the much awaited mega-buget live action Transformers movie opens in cinemas a week or so after the event, & as a result I imagine the movie's publicity people will make sure that Transformers will be everywhere.

The DreddCon is the smallest of the three, but may well be the most fun...it's being held above a pub!!!


If you manage to make it to any of these events, make sure you come over & say 'Hi'....then buy me a drink.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,i can't go to those places, but i hope that you have a good time in there...
Cya!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Thanks for stopping by man, & I'll be sure to have a drink in your name,:)

Staz.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Staz! A blog, great stuff. I think I'm gonna go to this. Looks pretty good.
Cheers

1:33 AM  
Blogger dylan said...

Hi Staz, cool blog. The Kingpin stuff looks very nice. Probably see you at the birmingham con.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Staz Johnson said:...
Thanks for stopping by man, & I'll be sure to have a drink in your name,:)

Staz. "

thanks man!...
(i want a drink right now, but that's ok..heheh)

Have a good time man..!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Hi pnova1,
Unfortunately I don't have that, or any of the other 3 Transformers cover paintings I did. The last I saw of them was when I put them in the mail to Marvel UK. Ah well...

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see ya at birmingham, dude! should be fun!!! :D

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Staz, great Blog! love the Kingpin pages!I cant make the Birmingham show, but I will see you at some shows next year.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home