Wednesday, June 17, 2015

All Star Western, Vampire

In an attempt to keep this blog ticking along rather than stagnate for weeks at a time while I'm waiting for something new to post, I have decided to try to keep it up dated with small posts of process images. Time will tell if I can keep up the habit. Here's the first. This drawing was done for a panel in All Star Western for DC a couple of years ago, & shows the vampire Mircalla chomping down on Doctor 13's neck. I drew it in pencil first, then converted it to blueline in Photoshop, then did the inking on a printout of that blueline. The inks were done with a mixture of Sharpie ultra fine markers, & brush pen.





On another note, I started an accompanying blog on Tumblr some time back, but never really got the hang of it, so that too was left in suspended animation for a while. I'm going to try to keep that updated too, admittedly with the same images I'm posting here, but if you find the Tumblr platform more to your liking that Blogger, bookmark this link, & follow me there. I'll add a link to the sidebar too.

http://stazjohnsonart.tumblr.com/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home