Monday, June 15, 2015

Poison Ivy private commission.

Just a quick post to show this commission I completed recently. Somewhat different to most of my commissions in a number of ways, firstly, this one is larger, being an A3 size.The commissioner asked for a naked Poison Ivy, but since Ivy without the costume is just another nude figure with no distinguishing features, I decided to add lots of greenery, so that the picture as a whole would still have the Ivy colour scheme (green & orange). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, & quite surprised myself when I found I enjoyed rendering the old gnarly tree more than I did the actual figure of Ivy.......

Anyway, as usual with these sort of posts, if you fancy something like this yourself, you'll find my contact details in the sidebar on the right.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Gary Crutchley said...

That mate is crackin'. Lovely piece of artestry.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Cheers Gary, glad you like it.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Arfon Jones said...

Excellent work! Very different to the Poison Ivy I commissioned from you back in 1999! http://arfonjones.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/comic-festival-flashback.html ;)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Interesting, sorry if I was a bit offhand to you back then. Your mate might have hit the nail on the head though. It was around that time that I discovered a lot of the free sketches I'd been doing for 'fans' had turned up on Ebay & as a result, I have been charging for sketches at cons since the Bristol show in 2000.

Either that, or I was just not happy about having my photo taken... something I have never liked. :-)

1:46 AM  
Blogger Arfon Jones said...

I can understand that, but I was genuinely documenting the trip for Art College and still have the sketch in my studio (you will be pleased to know that the photo I took of you drawing it didn’t come out!). I saw you again at the train station after the event but didn’t want to bother you and ask the usual “how do I get into comics?” questions because I thought I had offended/ upset you! lol

8:14 AM  
Blogger Arfon Jones said...

Really am sorry if I caused you grief! Sincerely hope to meet you again some time and perhaps have you dedicate this sketch for me and perhaps have a photo taken as well? ;)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

LOL, now you're pushing it :-)

But seriously, I'm not sure where you're based, but if I'm at a show near you, you should drop by, I promise you a better reception second time around.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Arfon Jones said...

(I’m based in North Wales…) But count on it! :)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home