Monday, March 22, 2010

Magenta Wilde: #8, #9 & #10










These are the last three episodes of the Magenta strip. The only thing really worthy of note is that in episode 10 I inserted a photograph to serve as my 'pencils' for the hotel lobby background in the first panel. I prefered to do this, rather than insert a photo at the end, at least this way, I only used it as a guide to help me ink the b/g, which made the final result less jarring visually..

Anyway, here they are.. hope you've enjoyed these. Next post... an insightful look into 70's 'montage' movie posters.. no, seriously. It'll rellevant, trust me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Collins said...

This has been tremendous stuff, Staz-- glad you posted it up here. On photos-- that's pretty much how I work on my Norwegian book-- as all the locations are real places, me and the writer wander around Bergen or Oslo snapping away so I've a sense of where stuff is happening. On the pencils I'll drop in a photo background blueline, usually degrading the image using either the Stamp or Photocopy filter so I'm not as wedded to the original image and work over it.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Yeah, I've seen Sean Phillips use a similar technique, & it makes a lot of sense, especially when you're depicting an actual place. I think the fact that you are utilising photo's you actually took yourself makes it even more legitimate.. since it was your eye looking through the lens, it's still your work. I just cribbed a photo off the web... shhhh, don't tell anyone..

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home