Thursday, March 18, 2010

Agent Provocateur (part 2)












As a follow up to the previous post showing the working proccess of the Agent Provocateur art, here is the art as it was finally printed in the AP catalogue. Compare & contrast with the black & white images in the previous post, to see how some pages got chopped around & re-edited after I was done with them. Many a slip twixt cup & lip... as my Mum used to say.

The reasons fot the changes were varied.. from at one end of the scale, it was felt that the demise of one of the bad guys was too graphically gory (top of page #8), to the fact that AP simply didn't like what I'd drawn (page #12). These things happen from time to time.

Script by Brady Webb, colors by James Offredi.


3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lee Crookes said...

Fantastic!!! To see the final product, even though it had been messed around a little, is great!!! Very insightful, Thanks once again for posting this up, you've made my day!!!
Pete.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoover said...

Happy I followed the breadcrumbs to your blog... Awesome work, brother! Saw your beginning sketches first... (my fav stage of the creative process)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Staz Johnson said...

Thanks Doug, I appreciate you taking a look. I'm like you, I always love to see other artists/illustrators thinking process.....

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home