Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Phantom tribute picture...

So the Birmingham International Comics Show was just this weekend gone. It was a good fun show, in an interesting venue. I made lots of new aquaintances, amongst whom were Barry & Dave the guys from The Geek Syndicate . If you visit their site you can listen to a very funny podcast about the Con'.

I spent most of Saturday just hanging out at the show, apart from in the morning when I spent a little time on my contribution to a huge art installation devoted to The Phantom, who celebrates his 70th year this year... not bad for a guy in purple striped underpants! Here you can see me working on the piece...in the freezing cold, using the bottom of an empty beer glass as a pallet, what a glamorous life I lead. These photo's were taken by Chris Monk, & if you visit his online gallery you can see more photo's from the show.

The pics of the completed pic, & how it looked once it had a few more to keep it company were taken by Logan181 (don't know you real name,sorry) from the Comic Geek Speak forum.

Sunday saw me pretty much chaind to a table while I signed comics & sketched for anyone who was interested. If I manage to get scans of any of the sketches I did, I'll be sure to put them on here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheers for the links!

It was good meeting you :)

Chris/Trav28

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staz,

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Nice jacket you wear on the photos... especially the German flag... hehe!

I'm looking forward to your Kingpin comic!

Best wishes,

Chris

3:07 PM  
Blogger DELA said...

Hi Staz ,great phantom drawing ,
great updates on the blog.
Thanks for showing.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home