Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Unknown Soldier 2

In a follow up to a previous post, here's some of the pencils & inks for the second Unknown Soldier strip I did last year. In the last post I mentioned that the overall tone of story reminded me of the Jason Bourne movies, this particular episode demonstrates a similarity to another of my favorite movies, Taken, with Liam Neeson. The brutal efficiency with which the character goes from urbane & chatty to killing machine in a heatbeat, & the 'never hesitate' atitude is (for me) reminscent of many of the action sequences from that movie. Needless to say, when I read the script for this, I knew it was going to be fun to draw, yes, drawing extreme violence can be fun when the guy dishing out the ass whupping is doing it for the team in white hats.

Anyway, here's the art. The Letratone/zipatone effect was added digitally. It was a helluva lot easier than how I used to do it in the early 80's, cutting out endless pieces of those acetate sheets. The splatter effects were also added digitally. I made lots of splatter patterns with a toothbrush & indian ink on multiple sheets of paper, chose the ones I liked, scanned them in, & turned them into Photoshop brushes.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home